Taco Tuesday just got healthier. Longève Protein Crumbles take on the flavor of the taco seasoning and give a spicy bite to the traditional Mexican favorite.
Plant-based protein crumbles
- 1-1/2 c. Plain Longève Protein Crumbles, dry
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 c. Low-sodium Vegetable Broth
- Corn Tortillas, soft or crunchy
- Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce or Cabbage
- Rehydrate Longève Protein Crumbles in ¾ c. hot water according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a 12” nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Crumbles, salt and pepper, and taco seasoning to skillet and sauté for three minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth and tomato sauce into skillet and stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sauce has reduced and thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon filling into soft or crunchy corn tortillas and top with cheese, tomatoes and lettuce as desired.