Panko-encrusted Salmon with Crispy Crumbles and Sautéed Mixed Vegetables
This one takes a while, but trust us: it’s worth it! Salmon is coated with gluten-free breadless crumbs before being pan seared and topped with savory Unagi sauce and crispy crumbles. Tender-crisp mixed vegetables on the side make it a meal!
Gluten-free Breadless Crumbs
- 1 ½ Tbsp Nut butter
- ¼ cup Original Longéve Plant-based Protein Crumbles
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp. Chopped Ginger
- ¼ cup Diced Onion
- ¼ cup Diced Carrot
- ¼ cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Sliced Snow Peas
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Mirin
- 2½ Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Sake
- ½ lb Salmon Filet
- ¼ cup Longéve Panko-style Breadless Crumbs
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crispy Crumble: Melt nut butter on a skillet over medium low heat.
- Crispy Crumble: Add dry Crumbles to skillet and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until crispy.
- Crispy Crumble: Season with salt and pepper.
- Sautéed Mixed Vegetables: In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger to sauté until aromatic, about one minute.
- Sautéed Mixed Vegetables: Add onion, carrot and red bell pepper to skillet and sauté for 3 minutes more or until carrot is tender.
- Sautéed Mixed Vegetables: Add snow peas and sauté for two to three more minutes until snow peas are bright green and tender-crisp.
- Sautéed Mixed Vegetables: Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Unagi Sauce: Combine mirin and sake in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Unagi Sauce: Add sugar to saucepan, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Unagi Sauce: Add soy sauce and bring mixture back to a boil.
- Unagi Sauce: Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Unagi Sauce: Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Panko Encrusted Salmon: Rinse salmon and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Panko Encrusted Salmon: Pour Panko-style Breadless Crumbs in shallow bowl, and press non-skin side of salmon gently into the crumbs
- Panko Encrusted Salmon: In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Panko Encrusted Salmon: Add salmon, panko side down, to the skillet and fry until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Panko Encrusted Salmon: Turn filet over skin side down, and continue to pan fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Panko Encrusted Salmon: Remove from heat
- To Serve: Spoon sautéed vegetables onto serving plate. Top with salmon filet. Sprinkle crispy crumbles over salmon and serve with Unagi sauce.